Photo credit: Brazeauphoto.com
Through our well-established and structured program, our students can train in a fun and safe manner, which helps them achieve essential life skills, such as:
Our approach includes opportunities to:
- Participate in a seminar every three months to evaluate progress.
- Compete at the regional, provincial, national and international level as they progress towards more advanced levels.
- Develop leadership skills through an instructor developmental program.
In addition, all KTK instructors participate in a certification program, attend advanced seminars, and abide to the KTK code of ethics which ensures children are provided with high quality instruction in a safe and fun environment.
4 to 5 Years – Little tigers
Introduction to martial arts.
- Basic mastery of key skills such as coordination and concentration. Key aspects of discipline, respect and courtesy are reinforced though creative learning and various martial arts techniques applicable to their age.
7 Years and over – Beginner
- Skills: Proficiency of karate techniques and self-defence skills though a structured curriculum, while developing respect, perseverance and determination.
- Athletics: Introduction to activities to develop speed and agility.
- Competitions: Introduction to local competitions, including the prestigious KTK Cup.
8 Years and over – Advances
- Skills: Proficiency of effort and perseverance and of more advanced self-defence and combat skills through a structured curriculum.
- Athletics: Introduction to activities that develop speed, agility and strength.
- Competitions: Provide increased challenging and learning opportunities through regional competitions.
9 Years and over – Elite
Oranges to Blue belts
- Skills: Mastery of advanced karate principles (accomplishment and determination) and application of karate techniques in the context of self-defence and combat through a structured curriculum.
- Athletics: Mastery of speed, cardio, strength and endurance.
- Leadership: Opportunity to develop leadership skills through an internal junior teaching instructor.
- Competitions: Opportunity to participate in competitions at the regional level with the WKF (World Karate Federation).